Sunday, April 10, 2016

Dragonfly Birthday

I am seriously lacking birthday cards these days so it was time to get cracking. I checked out Seize the Birthday to see if they could motivate me. They always have an "anything goes" birthday to inspire you and this time they had an optional topping of floral which really got me thinking.
I made a card like this before but always felt if needed a few flowers to it. They tiny punch art flowers continue on the inside as well. I apologize for the lousy quality of photo. I really need to toss my camera out the window of a moving vehicle. As you can see I made my dragonfly very sparkly.
 Same card on an angle.
 The Fine Print: Stamps by Stampin' Up "Awesomely Artistic" and "Simply Sketched," small floral punch by unknown, gauze ribbon from my stash.

10 comments:

Carol L said...

That's a gorgeous dragonfly, and I love all those flowers too! I need to make some birthday cards too, so thanks for inspiring me!

Greta said...

Lovely design & beautiful stamping, Judy! You could add this to SSS Wednesday--7 gift certificates being given away this time!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the foliage stamping and the added flowers and ribbon. Your sparkly dragonfly is awesome! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love those wee red flowers on the green Princess J - gorgeous card.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pretty card PJ.

The sparkly dragonfly is gorgeous and I love that you found some teeny tiny flowers to add to the main floral image. Might have to pinch that idea from you. Adore the Awesomely Artistic stamp set.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your dragonfly is a dazzler, for sure. Love all of the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Judy, such a fabulous dragonfly and great CAS design.
Pauline
x

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card - I love the sparkly dragonfly! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Barbara said...

so glad that you were inspired by the design team cards at seize the birthday. Your card is splendid and I love the sparkly dragonfly. Thanks for playing at STB this challenge.
Barbara DT member.

Bonnie said...

I love this set and especially with your sparkly dragonfly and the added dimension of the punched flowers!