Thursday, April 21, 2016

Dreaming of a Purple Christmas

This week the fine folk at Merry Monday are asking for a Christmas card featuring purple, white, and silver. Now I'm partial to purple and blue winter and/or Christmas cards, but purple, white, and silver?! I wasn't sure I could pull it off. But I did.

I started with one of my favorite images to do in purples and blues, added a fabulous shiny silver frame and some lightly textured slightly metallic purple background paper and my card was born. My original plan called for a silver ribbon tied around the bottom but in the meantime I ran across this sparkly purple ribbon tape.
The Fine Print: Image by A Muse Artstamps, dies by Spellbinders, ribbon tape by CTMH, and background paper from my generous friend.

11 comments:

Janeen said...

I really like the shiny silvery fancy oval. wowsers. everytime you post a challenge, i get excited and want to play. :)

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card, lovely rich purple.
Pauline
x

Barb said...

It's lovely Judy. I love the purple and she's very sweet too. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

A super sweet image and I love your silver frame, the purple glitter ribbon and all the wonderful shades of purple on your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Words and Pictures said...

Subtle and elegant - those colours are really cool for Christmas. Love the cutie in her winter coat.
Alison x

Carol L said...

What a fun color combination and with that shiny silver ornate frame - it's really festive too! I feel like making a whole pile of purple cards in Prince's honor!

Greta said...

You nailed it, Judy--beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Princess J - a great imterpretion of the challenge.
Blessings
Maxine

Fikreta said...

very nice card.
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftrooma

Karen L K said...

A nicely colored image and that frame around it looks great!

LesleyG said...

Like it, just not sure about purple for Christmas......but glad you chose the sparkly purple ribbon, and she does look sweet in the frame xxx