Monday, July 22, 2013

OooooMMMMMmm.... bre

Hey! It is time for the midpoint challenge reminder for the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog.  Last week, A Muse Consultant Tracey offered up a challenge to see which is more popular these days: Rainbow or Ombre.

I confess that I had no clue what ombre was but I knew I liked bright rainbows so I made a colorful card.  Well this week I now know that ombre is one color or tone shading into the next.  It is also the name of a card game, but that's the old-fangled definition. 

I've seen ombre in fashion where hair is two toned, which looks like you are in serious need of a dye job if not done right (as in, you have six inches of roots) and in clothing that tends to have several shades of the same color.  However, I've not seen any of this recently.  I'm not exactly fashion forward though.

As you see, I thought I'd try out ombre this week.  It was okay, but I stand by my original vote of rainbow.  That's something that will never grow old.  At least not in my book!

The Fine Print: Stamps, dies and papers by A Muse Studio, ink by Memento.  Stamp set used-Anchor's Aweigh; cardstock used-winter sky, sky, ocean, blueberry, and cobalt; die used-Anchor's Aweigh matching dies and scallop border; and inks used Danube and Paris blue.

3 comments:

Squirrel x said...

In the UK there is a kids magazine show called Blue Peter (look it up) and that is exactly what your ship reminds me of. And cool blue ocean .... oh for a cool blue ocean.... Sxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah the blue peter boat and an ombre sea...you nailed it gal! And like me, now you're totally over ombre...or graduated as we used to call it.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

It's been a while since I've visited - my bad. Actually, I need to get a schedule together to MAKE time for blogging, blog hopping and crafting. Been bad on all fronts.

I like this card and the ombre effect is cool. But what is the rainbow? Do you have a post about it?

Peace,
kay