Thursday, December 1, 2011

More Rule of Five


This first card has some Washi tape on the outside of a card just to prove to people that I do use it.  It has been on the inside of all the cards I’ve shared lately, but you wouldn't know that unless I told you. This is from the A Muse Studio Holiday Washi Tape set, which is currently 20% off (can’t beat that with a stick!).
The snowflake on this card was made with a Marianne Design Creatable die.  I’ve had this die for awhile but apparently I never used it before.  If I had used it before would have discovered what I did this time and never used it again--ugh!  It does not have any little poke holes in the back of die in which to remove the paper out of die with!  That means good luck getting your diecut free of the die.  I had to poke and pull and prod this one with a straight pin and it took quite awhile.  Maybe that process doesn’t annoy other people, but it does me.
 Here are a couple more cards with similar layouts.  I really, really like the green and blue striped card with its ribbon with multiple smaller ribbons tied to it.  The penguin’s caps are bright green like the ribbon but look yellow in the scan.  

My original plan had been to do all the penguin cards in blue since I have a lot of blue paper.  A lot.  No, really, A LOT.  Wait, I think we had this conversation already…  Anyway, I couldn’t do it.  This red and green polka dot paper wanted to come and play too and that’s okay.

The Fine Print: stamp by A Muse Studio “Winter Wishes” set, punched shapes by Marvy, scallop border by Fiskars, and papers by DCWV.  And yes, a preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.

 



No comments: