Saturday, December 31, 2011

Five Minutes to Quarter to Three in the Morning

I had a dream last night that something was amiss in the night so I went skulking around.  I encountered my nephew and I asked him what time it was.  He said, "It's five minutes to quarter to three in the morning."  I guess that translates to twenty to three in the morning or 2:40 am.  There was a bit more to the dream and then I woke up.  Of course I had to check the time...   2:32 am.  I'm glad it wasn't 2:40 as that might have been hair raising freaky.

I wanted to try out a one-sheet wonder today.  I've always heard it called "10-from-1" but after a long, hard Google search I found what I was looking for under the heading one-sheet wonder.  Essentially it is a recipe for how to cut an 8.5" x 11" piece of patterned paper into different pieces great for making 10 different cards.  This time I decided to try the recipe for cutting up a 12" x 12" piece of patterned paper.  I never used that one before.  I have to admit that after chopping it up I was a bit disappointed to discover that a lot of the pieces are the same size.  So my advice is stick to the 8.5x11 one for better variety.




The Fine Print: patterened paper by unknown; lacey heart die by Cheery Lynn; with love, bears, and bears & friends stamps Bentley Bear designed by Adam Pescott; ribbon by Martha Stewart; red backing paper by DCWV; brad head by Candi by Craftwork Cards; sweet on you by A Muse Studio; scallop circle by Marvy; puffy heart sticker by EK Success; When we Love saying by Stampotique.

2 comments:

Georgiana said...

Pretty Valentine's paper.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Natalie said...

Ooooh, the Take Ten magazine did this a couple of years ago with a 8.5x11 sheet of stamped images. They called it "Make Ten" I have the instructions for it scanned onto my computer. It is fun!
I like your take on it, too. Very Valentine-y