Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Santie Claus is Coming!


Or maybe not.  Maybe he's just going to stay home this year and put his feet up.  Gosh knows I'd like to be doing that.

The A Muse Studio Challenge blog, located HERE, has a challenge this week that is SO easy, even you can do it!  With a hand tied behind your back!  In your sleep!   Okay, that hand tied thing might make it a little more challenging, but still you could join too.

The challenge is to make a winter holiday card: Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, First Day of Winter, Festivus, etc.  Since it is the A Muse Studio challenge, they prefer that you use A Muse Studio stuff, but it is not a requirement.  How easy is that?!  I’ve been doing that for the last several weeks. 

I have been using a lot of a|s stuff to make holiday cards but I didn’t feel right using a card I already made for this challenge.  I felt I should make a new card just for this challenge (and then add it to my holiday stash).   I also figured I should toss as much a|s stuff into it as I could, so here it is in all its glory:
 The stamp comes from the Christmas Carol set, which I’ve used a lot recently, but the funny thing is I’ve not used this stamp from it before.  So how nice for it to finally get used!

Also, if you are fan of A Muse Studio (and who isn't?) starting tomorrow they will be having a 20% off sale on Ten Holiday Must-Have Items!  That includes baker's twine, holiday washi tape, some stamp sets, the stardust finishing spray, glitters, inks, calendars, and kraft cardstock.  *swoon*

The Fine Print: Everything by A Muse Studio, “Christmas Carol” set, vanilla, evergreen, and cranberry cardstock, candy cane striped paper, black brads, and cherry twine.  Okay, I lied I used my Fiskars metal ruler to distress the edges of the one layer.  Maybe someday I’ll try the a|s edge distressing doo-hickey.

3 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

Well I LOVE this stamp set...and your card is awesome! You are SUCH a rule follower ;) hee hee hee. Thanks for playing with us again! We LOVE all the great creations and ideas!

Tami Grandi said...

fabulous coloring! Thanks for playing!

TOBEY said...

love this stamp set too, thanks for playing along with my challenge, I love all your a|s!!!! Don't you love that candy cane stripe CS??