Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Writing for the Web

Today is part 2 of the writing for the web training that my employer sent me to (yeah, that's right, they are silly enough to think giving me access to their website is a good idea). This has really opened my eyes and now I realize that I am writing my blog all wrong. I should be writing things in quick bites, bulleted lists, keywords and not in a chatty conversational tone. So it should be more like this:

Card I made:
* From a kit
* Club Scrap
* Haberdashery

See, isn't that so much better?! 
*snort*

The Fine Print: This may or may not be a work of fiction. Names, places, characters, and incidents either are the product of the author's (that's me) imagination or maybe they really happened but are being used fictionally, and any resemblance to actual persons, living, dead or living dead, business establishments, events, locations, and situations is entirely coincidental. Tax, title, license not included, valid only when Mercury is in retrograde except where prohibited by law, good taste, or moral upbringing. Gluten free.

12 comments:

Krisha said...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Barb said...

You do make me laugh every time! No stick to your usual chatty way. That's how WE like it! A super card. Love the fleur de Lis. Barbxx

Bernice said...

Ha Ha - looks like it was very useful training session!

Carol L said...

Gluten free?!! OMG you are a trip and I love what you've learned! I can't wait to see more of your expertise in web training! Great card too!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Princess J - I am still giggling from your small print/disclaimer - as for the bullet points etc - forget-em on your blog!!
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

*Good grief.
*I can't take it.
*Please chat.
*Great card.

Hugs x

Stacy Sheldon said...

bwahahahaha...

look out work! :)

Sandy said...

* like card
* find bullet points choppy.

MaryH said...

Well, writing for the web in classes is usually technical writing. AND not fun to read at all! I took some of those classes in another life too...and believe it or not, we had to design a webpage using HTML. Put gifs and wav files in it too. Do you think I remember any of it? Working then, and blogs didn't exist. I personally enjoy the way you've done your blog, so I hope it doesn't change. I especially like the feeling on a blog, when the blogger is 'just chatting' with me, and you are able to put lots of humor into your writing too. Glad you got a lot from the class too! LOL. TFS

MaryH said...

Oh yeah, forgot to say I liked the card too. Very upscale with the charcoal texture background, and the very elegant fleur de lis tucked over the dark red ribbon. Look: no bulleted items!

Bonnie said...

Please don't change your style. I love the way you write! Super card too!

Greta said...

You are so funny! I love your blog posts--don't let them ruin you--haha!