Monday, October 19, 2015

A State of Zen

I joined a swap that was all about doodling. I thought it would motivate me to try my hand at Zentangling. So now I've tried it.
I was told that it is very relaxing but I didn't have that experience. I just wished this stupid thing would get itself done and over with already.  I guess I don't have the proper patience for Zentangling.
So there you have it, my first and most likely last ever Zentangle card.  I would cross that off my bucket list if only I had one. I do have a bucket. I use it for cleaning up cat puke.

The Fine Print: Yeah total WYSIWYG* here. I got nothing else.  
* What you see is what you get

8 comments:

Greta said...

Super neat look, even if you didn't really enjoy the process! No worries--plenty of techniques to use for cardmaking!

Squirrel x said...

As much as I admire your card for being stylish and striking, I'm afraid I'm very much with you on the whole Zentangling thing, I just don't get it! Gold star for giving it a go hunny. Hugs xx

Fikreta said...

this is very nice
have a nice day
hugs

Sarn said...

What a shame you didn't enjoy your Zentangling experience PJ.

As you know, I LOVE tangling and how you never know what the finished piece of art will look like.

I would say that what you've produced is pretty complex for a first attempt and I would've started with something MUCH easier.

Still . . . at least you tried it . . . and if it's not your thing, it's not your thing!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandy said...

Wow, it looks really impressive. I'm not a zentangler, and I would have probably started with something simpler.

Leslie Hanna said...

I hear you! I took a Zentangle intro class, even. You start small, not like you did, but I still did not find it relaxing. Much like people find coloring relaxing ... not me. I just want it DONE. I'd much rather fussy-cut than color. Must be how my brain is wired.

Anyway, your card is still beautiful. I'd frame it.

Carol L said...

You're too funny :) Different strokes for different folks is what I always say! Dance to the beat of your own drum........er......bucket! The card turned out great!

Bonnie said...

I haven't tried Zentangle because it makes me nervous just thinking about it! I think you did a great job. It's really a pretty cool card!