Saturday, June 14, 2014

Seriously, Take the Sunshine

I made this card at a workshop a couple months ago but didn't finish it.  There were some more chipboard elements to glue on and I didn't much care for the color sentiment was stamped in so I hadn't tacked it down.  I found it on my desk today so thought I should finish it off and call her done.
I left off the extra chipboard pieces and did a similar sentiment stamped in black and edged in pink.  I think I'll add some bling to either edge of the sentiment piece now that I think of it.  If I could package it up and send it I'd definitely send you some of our sunshine.  Now I love the sunshine and am a big fan of vitamin D, but a little less heat and sun would make this desert lizard happy.  Just for day, mind you.

The Fine Print: Sentiment by DeNami Designs, card base, papers, and chipboard by Close to My Heart.

8 comments:

Carol L said...

Thanks for the sunshine today - we really needed it too! Super cute card, and I love how you tied the twine to the umbrella!

jimlynn said...

We've got plenty of sunshine down this way but could really use the rain - and if so, that cute umbrella too! Very cute card and love the twine in the birds mouth.
Lynn

Irish Cherokee said...

Cute card and thanks for the sunshine yesterday and today. Even the humidity was down which just knocks me out.

Blessings
Jim

Words and Pictures said...

I would be a happy recipient of some of your sunshine, that's for sure - it's gone all grey and grim on us again this weekend. And I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be cheered by the arrival of this bright and breezy card... I love the little bird collecting nesting material!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Pretty card using pretty paper. Nice!

Janeen said...

I love all the little classes you go to. This is a fun creation

stampingbowd said...

Sweet!!! I like the twine in the bird's beak! A very pretty card!

chrissy xx said...

Need that umbrella here in the UK today..Nice and Sunny..Your colours are Fab and I LOve your design.
Chrissyxx