Wednesday, June 11, 2014

NBUS Challenge!

Woot!  My bestie Darnell is hosting a challenge for Never Been Used Stuff.  I'm not sure that she's going to get any participation though because none of us have crafty things lying around the house that we haven't used before!  Amiright?!  I say for the sake of humoring her, we'll "pretend" we have stuff we haven't used before, okay?
We'll pretend that I found a kit from 2008 that had papers, stamps, and directions in to make gift cards and bags that I never used before.  We don't have to pretend that I made full-sized cards instead of gift cards because that was reality and here are my cards!
You can check out and join in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #1 right HERE.  The theme is anything goes with an emphasis on friendship.  The friendship portion of my cards is that both of these are already in the mail being sent to crafty friends.  There is also an unseen friendship element to these cards in that this kit came with two stamp sets in it and I lent one to a friend the night I opened the kit.  Amazingly, all these years later I remembered who it was and she still had it.  She knew it was borrowed but didn't remember from who, so how exciting that I can get that back to finish off the rest of the cards and gift bags (although I'll probably make cards with supplies instead of bags).
I want to give an extra shout out to Darnell for hosting this challenge and getting us to use our mythical never before used stuff.  This is a great motivator!!

The Fine Print: Stamps by Close to My Heart (Color My World), striped embossing folder by Cuttlebug, big dot embossing folder by CTMH, butterfly punch by Martha, glitter glue by Stickles and Tim Holtz, bling from my stash, and inks by Memento.

10 comments:

vic said...

Gorgeous cards love the flowers :) great challenge !!

Vic x

JD/ Jill said...

Nice cards and great post...I can definitely see why you and Darnell are friends! (I do mean that in a very nice way!) I feel there is never enough humor in this world...and anyone who can make us smile more is a Good Will Ambassdor!

Sue said...

Fabulous cards and use of the NBUS! Love all the texture and thank you for an amusing post too! :)

Sue said...

Fab cards Judy and great challenge will have to try and join in!! huggles Sue xx

Carol L said...

Nice cards for Darnell's NBUS challenge! I'm digging the sparkly flower centers and simple design! NJ!

Darnell said...

What I want to say, coz you and I are silly snarky besties, is that I've got a mythical prize for you, hahaha!!! C'mon, it's what you would've said!

I lol at your post, PJ! Thank you for a fun write-up and two VERY pretty cards! I love that you Ued and then immediately sent them off!! I appreciate that you joined in my challenge with a whole post, displayed the button, and spread the word to your readers! Mwah! Darnell

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the two cards and both of you have a great sense of humor.

Krisha said...

LOL! Yes, let's pretend we have NBUS!
Great little cards.....now I'm off to try and get an entry in. Hope I can find some NBUS!!!

Carole said...

Princess Judy you and Darnell besties ... now that is bound to create contagious fun and laughter. Great cards.

Neet said...

Just spotted you in Darnell's list and had to come over and see you. Miss you on WOYWW.
Hugs, Neet xx