Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hip to be Square

I took a class a couple of weeks or so ago to make this cute little square card:

Truly, I did not need a class to learn how to make a grid card but it is fun to be creative and sociable with friends.  However, I learned something thus proving you can teach old dogs new tricks!  I learned the trick of making a scored grid on your card so you can line up your punched squares so much nicer.  That right there was worth the price of admission.

Then we got to play with the new We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch board.  You know, the thing that is all the rage these days.  We used it to make an envelope for our card since it is an odd size (4-1/8 inch square).  That thing is fun and easy and makes such great looking envelopes.  You should get one.  You know you want it.

The Fine Print: Yes, if the card is only 4-1/8 inch square that means that those squares on not one inch.   The patterned paper is by Die Cuts with a View the All Dressed Up set.  Yep, it just so happens I have some of that.  Or maybe that should be past tense.  I may have used it all up or close to it.  I liked it, is what that means.  Just like I like the new envelope board but can't really justify buying it.  Something about snagging the left over graduation envelopes from work that they would just throw away otherwise.  I get a thousand a year or so.  Maybe this means I need to send more mail.  I used to be better at it.  I'm very lax now.

3 comments:

Di said...

Hi Judy!

Ages since I commented but am still here tootling round blog land and following you.

Fabby card and I love the idea of the grid lines. Now, if these little bits of paper are snippets - why not come and play in the Playground? The girls would love to see this idea.

Hugs, Di xx

fairy thoughts said...

Yep you can teach on old dog etc coz I hadn't thought of scoring lines either and I have made a few mosaic cards lately will def try that on the next one
Janet

Words and Pictures said...

Very nice - love the colours!
Alison x