Monday, April 8, 2013

Twinchies

Once upon a time someone invented inchies.  They are one-inch square pieces of art.  You take patterned paper or create a master sheet and punch out one-inch squares that you then put on your card or layout in some pleasing manner.  The catch with inchies is that one-inch square ain't a lot of space.

Now then someone else came along and invented TWINCHIES.  That is a two-inch square version of the same thing.  I just don't get it when it comes to twinchies.  After all a two-inch square is a real size, you can do real things with it.  What's the catch?  I guess the catch is that two inches doesn't go onto a regular card in a pleasing manner.  You can put lots of one-inch squares on an A2 card in all sorts of different ways, but with two-inch squares you are limited to a grid or overlapping.

Or it could be that I'm missing the point.  I say that because I've never twinched before.  However, it is time again for the latest A Muse Studio Challenge and this time it is all about twinchies.  I can't wait to what you and the design team comes up with to see if I'm in the ballpark.  So join in today to see if I'm in at the pier for the right boat or if I'm at the train station again.

The Fine Print: I really have no idea if it is okay for twinchies to get put on an angle or not, but I did it.  I also put borders on them also.  I'd never do either with inchies so it could be that the twinchie police will come after me real soon!  Top card: stamps used-Let's be Adventurers; card stock used-sugar, cherry, and onyx petite polka dot.  Bottom card: stamps used-Modern Zinnia, Snail & Co., and Just My Type; card stock used-shell, grass, and sugar; inks used-blackberry, grass and shell.

3 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

he he maybe you could invent something in the middle, halvies! maybe
janet

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

I love the floral card. The colors, the placement, ALL of it!

Hugs,
Kay

Sarn said...

Hi PJ . . . haven't been over to see you for a while. My bad!

Well . . . I just LOVE what you've done with your Twinchies. I join in with a Twinchie Challenge sometimes and I enjoy creating them . . . then wonder what I shall do with them! Great inspiration here!

Hugs
Sarn xxx