Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Simon Says Spring

I pulled out the March Simon Says Stamp kit the other day to play with it.  I didn't get to play long as I had other non-crafting things to do (so sad, isn't it?).  I did make a couple of cards though.

This first card is not made with the flower stamp that Simon Says included.  I could not get the flower in the set they sent to work.  It is a clear stamp and no matter how I put it down on the block it got an air bubble in it so it wouldn't stamp evenly.  Also, you've heard the saying 'deeply etched rubber.'  Well, these stamps are the exact opposite of whatever deeply etched is.  I don't usually start out making cards with strips of paper.  I usually leave that for the end when strips of paper are all I have left.  I didn't really like this card once I finished it.  However, it looked quite fine in the morning.

The next card is more like how I start out making cards from a kit--with full sheets of patterned paper to play with.  This stamp had some die cut stickers with it so I opted to use one of those on this card.  I just realized that there is no stamping on this card.  I guess those not-deeply-etched stamps got the best of me.  The paper flowers are from my stash.  I try to use them from time to time since my friend likes to laugh at how many of them I own.
The Fine Print: Papers, stamps and supplies from Simon Says Stamp unless otherwise noted.  Flower head from Autumn Leaves, paper flowers by Prima, and green jewels, sparkly pink brad, and white ribbon from stash.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Judy, your cards are so very pretty:) I am excited to have you as a follower and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through blogging :)

I lived in Tucson when I was 13 years old. I loved it and I remember the sunsets being the most incredible that I have ever seen. . . even to this day. That's 54 more years of sunsets, LOL.

The last sailboat that we owned . . . we are still morning the day we sold her. We didn't reaize just how much we loved that boat until it was gone. We bought a cabin cruiser, and at this very moment we have for sale signs on it. We are so ready to be sailing again :)

Have a marvelous week and thank you again for following my blog. I appreciate your friendship and encouragement.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

Love these cards. Hmm, deeply etched stamps. It seems that I've run into a few of those - either too deep or not deep enough. ah well, we improvise!

Love the card with the flowers. Somehow I have LOTS of flowers too. Yep, I'm a flower child!

Hugs,
Kay

Darnell said...

Hey, PJ! Thanks for coming by the Playhouse this week! It was good to see you again and come by and get caught up with you. I've had a fun time doing the scroll stroll through weeks and weeks of CASlicious and divine cards you've made! You have really been on a roll, so far this month especially, giving all of us tons of inspiration! I will try to keep up, so I don't get so far behind again!!

SandeeNC said...

Now if you asked me to pick a favorite, which I know you didn't, but let's pretend that you did....I'd pick the first one, love the mix of papers and the colors work so well with each. Sorry to hear about the stamp problem, I'm sure they would replace it though. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥