Monday, March 12, 2012

The Weird Papers

I really like the Die Cuts with a View paper stacks. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case you've been living under a rock and didn't catch onto that.  The one thing I've noticed with them though, is that there is always that page or two that completely baffles me as to what to do with it.  Sometimes I pass them on to other folks who are tickled to get them, which just goes to show you that we all have different tastes (and that makes the world exciting).  This time I thought I would challenge myself to use a couple of them.
This card is made with one of the spring fling pre-printed card bases.  The card had just the floral spray on it and I was unsure of what one would do with it.  I cut up another card to pop dot parts of the floral spray and added the bird in the open space on the card. I was quite pleased with the result.
For this card it was the background paper that really flummoxed me.  The pattern was very large and the colors weren't me. I realized that a larger image would go well over it.  I added another layer as an accent piece to pull this card together. I think this one came out well too.

The Fine Print: Card 1--Card base by DCWV "spring fling." paper flower by Prima, bird stamp by Stampin' Up, greeting by A Muse Artstamps, circle and scallop circle punches by Marvy.  Card 2--All papers by DCWV, sprinkling happiness saying by Stampin' Up gnome set, image by Penny Black that came as a freebie in a recent Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, flower by Prima, brad by Recollections.

2 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Flummoxed or not hun, I think these both turned out very well indeed! Sxx

Di said...

Both brilliant Judy! I'm the same you you with those sort of papers - I think you've cracked it though! 'Crack' is UK for 'to solve by' the way :) Di xx