Sunday, December 18, 2011

Unfinished Business

True Confession time: sometimes I start a project and don't finish it.  I know, I know!  SHOCKING!  I know not a single other crafter has this problem.  I hope we can still be friends after this revelation.  I rarely give up outright on a project though.  That means, the bits and bobs, pieces and whatnot are still lurking around on my desk or in one of my many piles waiting for that magic someday when they will get done.

Take this card for example.  I CASEd the idea from somewhere and made up multiple sets to make this card.  I did it for a class, make and take, or shoebox swap.  I no longer remember because it was years ago.  The leftover pieces, in this case all the cut paper and the spool of ribbon, have been languishing in various places on my desk for those past several years.  A good teacher always has spare parts on hand for her make and take, so that's why I have these extras.  I always figured that one of these days I'd get around to finishing up the remaining cards.  Today was that day.  How exciting!

 The Fine Print: Flower and "Just for You" by Hero Arts, background vine by DeNami Designs, ribbon by Michaels, colored with Marvy markers. 

No comments: