Saturday, October 29, 2011

One Layer Challenge -OLW70

Okay, I'm doing it.  I am actually joining one of the One Layer challenges out there.  This one is One Layer Wednesday (yeah, so it isn't Wednesday, get over your bad self) off my favorite blog, Simplicity.  I admire the cards in her blog all the time, but they are so not me.  And ONE LAYER?!  NO patterned paper???!  I get twitchy just thinking of it!  No multiple layers?!?!  I must be mad.

The challenge for OLW70 was to use either red and cream or red and white on a one-layer card.  Here is my entry in cream and red:
It feels naked to me, even though I faked a layer by having one stripe look like it is underneath another.  There was extensive use of the positioning tool for this card. Please comment and tell me what you think of my venture into the land of one-layer.

Since I'm sure I'll be asked, the stripes are created using an old Stampin Up set I bought used.  There are four different stamps, three of which are used on this card.  I like this set more than some of the other stripe and/or ribbon sets I've seen out there because the images are over 5-1/2" long so you can stamp across the front of an A2 card in one shot, no need to line up a repeat image.

The Fine Print: Stripe stamps by Stampin Up, Greeting by DeNami Designs, Tiny Daisy by AMuse Artstamps, cherry and red ink by Marvy, teeny bling by unknown.

8 comments:

Sheela Will said...

I like it. I like the simplicity of it. It reminds me of some of the designs you sent me with the "Pear Tart" ink. (I think those might be from the same site.) One of these days I'm going to try one of these!

Susie said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Great design work.

Susan Raihala said...

I think you should venture into the land of One Layer more often! Fab card! Bravo!

Anne said...

I think you did a fab job at One Layer, this is so effective, love the overlaid ribbons
Anne
x

Donelda said...

sweet~~

librariane said...

This is neat--you've got great crisp lines and a good layout.

Deborah Frings said...

Well, I like it! I think the "layered" borders really work. A super clean and simple design!

Vicky Hayes said...

Fantastic! Those 'overlapping' borders work perfectly!