Monday, October 17, 2011

More Fall, Y'all

My thought is that I don't like to share swap cards before the recipient has gotten them because it ruins the surprise.  However, several people have told me that they wouldn't mind seeing a picture of a card to them before they received it.  They said no matter how wonderful the picture, having the real card in person is so much better that it is still a surprise.  Another friend said she'd forget what she saw before the card ever arrived (which I am going to take as a jab at the postal system not an insult to her own memory).  This card is for a card exchange this Saturday at my stamp club meeting.  I have no idea who the recipient is and neither will he or she know until my card is in his or her hand (of course we have "hes" at our stamp club, don't you?).  The theme is Thanksgiving and the card says "Happy Thanksgiving" on the inside.  For this swap we have to include a decorated matching envelope, which I didn't think to scan.  I stamped the bundled wheat on the front of the envelope and stamped the tops of the wheat in a border across the envelope flap.

The Fine Print: Stamps by A Muse Studio "Bounty of the Season" and "Turkey Time", patterned paper by DCWV, scrap ribbon.

These fall cards have been received by their intended recipients and if you look back through my blog posts you can tell the time frame they were made by other cards that style being showcased.  I love fall, even though we don't really do it here in Southern Arizona.

 The Fine Print: Autumn word by Hero Arts, corner rounder and maple leaf punch by EK Success, oak leaf punch by Marvy, scallop dot border by Fiskars, paper by DCWV, scrap embroidery floss, and source unknown for the skeleton leaf.  Stamped Aspen leaf by PSX, papers by DCWV, scrap ribbon, and decorative leaf picked off a leaf garland from Michael's craft store (I bought the garland to denude it, not that I stole the leaf off the garland in the store--geez!)

No comments: