Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Mail Monday

Have you ever run across a blog called Stamping Serenity by Jennifer M? She does this thing she calls "Happy Mail Monday" where she shows off the cards she received during the previous week. I thought that was a neat idea because it gives those who send you mail some recognition and it gives you a chance to share other techniques, ideas, and projects.

That said, I decided to give it a whirl. Right away I realized a problem--you have to remember to photograph the cards you receive! Also, you have to actually receive cards in the mail. I join a few swaps to keep the cards rolling in and have a couple of penpals so we'll see how it goes.
 This card is from Fiki and is a heart shaped easel card, which I find very impressive! Fiki sent it to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It came from Croatia so it is a well traveled card.
This card was by Linda W and made me go "awwww" because of the nice note she wrote inside. She thanked me for all the hard work and effort I put into our stamp club. Sometimes it feels like shouting into the wind, so it is nice to get recognition.
This card was received from Patty M and was received for an open theme swap (which we do weekly). I recently looked at this stamp set and wondered why I had it. Patty has inspired me to break it out and use!
This card was received from Patsy C for a step card swap, and actually I received it a previous week but it was in the pile so it gets counted. I interpret it as the birds are sitting there thinking about all the cats they are taunting with their presence. It definitely made me smile.
And in case you came here to actually see a card I made, here's one from one of those blah, blah, blah kit cards.

The Fine Print: I love mail so how fun is this! My card was from a Club Scrap kit with a gear brad from the Eyelet Outlet (which is an evil place). 

8 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Ok, so this is such fun! I am thinking I must do a Mail call blog post myself! Probably not weekly because I don't receive cards weekly but I am going to start blogging them. I loved seeing all the cards you received and yours is gorgeous too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Opps - think I just 'blew' my comment out into cyberspace.... A wonderful selections of cards Princess J - and I do like your card - that one gold cogwheel is a perfect accent
Blessings
Maxine

Craftychris said...

What a lovely idea and all the cards you received are wonderful! Yours is too! Fab quote. xxx

Fikreta said...

Happ mail is so nice to recive!
you got pretty cards!
hugs

Carol L said...

How nice to receive such wonderful cards in the mail! You are very blessed to have so many people that care enough to send cards! Your card is great too with all those layers and wonderful sentiment!

Janeen said...

Super great idea. How fun

Greta said...

Fun seeing your happy mail & a great card kit card, Judy!

Bonnie said...

Another great kit card, PJ! You make me rethink kits! You have some very talented pen pals too! It's always fun to get happy mail!