Sunday, April 2, 2017

Dream Day Sunday

I think that dreams mean something. And I don't mean that like how you read a dream analysis book* and they say: Oh, you dreamed about a tomato, that means you are going to be invited to a wedding. I think that dreams are far more personal. They are your brain pondering a situation or trying to work something out.

That said I like to try to figure out what my dreams were telling me. Sometimes it is real obvious and other times it is a puzzle. Sometimes the big obvious thing (the elephant in the room) in the dream isn't the message your brain is trying to send you.
I don't think all dreams means something. Occasionally your brain has extra energy to spend and slaps you with some weird ass stories to use it up with. I find that happens if I take certain medications or vitamins in the evening. For a night of vivid dreams, pop some B vitamins before bed. I find those dreams to be not conducive to a good night's sleep. It's like you stayed up all night watching television.

Most of those kinds of dreams (for me anyway) tend to be epic adventures with large casts of characters. Sometimes even those have some deep seating meaning.  I have a friend who also has the epic dreams with large casts. She once noted that in dreams you skip the boring parts and just jump from one adventure to the next. She's so right and that's a good way to explain how/why dreams jump around so much.

The Fine Print: All products by Stampin' Up except paper flowers by Prima. * Although dream analysis books are fun because of the weird and random connections they come up with.

11 comments:

Fikreta said...

Its very nice card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Princess J - love it!! As for the dreams - I do tend to simply forget most of mine ... wonder what that means :)
Blessing
Maxine

Sarn said...

Love this image and love this card!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A really pretty card Judy. I love this image.

My hubby wakes me up when I'm crying or calling out but he has had conversations with me when I talk in my sleep. Barbxx

LesleyG said...

another fabulous card by you, and yes dreams are wierd.....I often have the wierdest...

Craftychris said...

Ooh a beautiful image, wonderful colours and a fabulous design - I adore this card so much! I have oodles of really odd vivid dreams - I don't try and work them out - mostly they are just too strange! Probably I am the same!!! xxx

Janeen said...

this is a really nice card. and it fits your dream theme. ~~i think dreams mean things too but rarely can figure them out. ~~i've had lots of dreams come true and that's scary. They have a certain element to them and I KNOW they will manifest. It's happened far too often.

stampingbowd said...

Oh, I do love this stamp set! I think this is image is gorgeous! I love how you colored her in pink with the minty green umbrella! BEautiful! I like your take on dreams. I think the same thing.

Greta said...

Oh so beautiful, Judy--love this!

cotnob said...

This is pretty Judy, lovely pastel pinks.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rammy Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.