Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Harvest

Either last year or possibly the year before I bought one of Basic Gray's card making kits to make Halloween cards.  I've purchased far more than one of Basic Gray's kits as I thought they would be good to work on during crafty get-togethers with friend.  It has never worked out for me, but it was a good plan.

Since I'm trying to use kits more than collect them (I know, I know, blasphemous!) I pulled this one to use this year.  One of the cards in the kit was the one above.  I think it is a really cool card, but not exactly Halloweenish.  It is good for this time of the year though, but not spooky enough to deserve to be called Halloween.  Although, the original letters that spelled out "harvest" were pretty frightening--they refused to come out of their punch out sheet and then ran and hid afterwards.

The Fine Print: All products by Basic Gray, all but "harvest" from a H'ween kit, harvest letters by Basic Gray from some random paper kit.  Basic Gray, neither basic, nor gray, nor quite as addictive as they once were...  funny how that is.

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Yes... die-cut letters are not the easiest things to handle! I think this makes a great harvest/thanksgiving/late Autumn card - but shame on you for actually USING your supplies!!
Alison x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

Yes, this is a very cute card for this time of year -- not spookiness as required for a Halloween card.

Been MIA for a while..... yikes!

Hugs,
Kay

SandeeNC said...

I'll let you in on a secret, I never buy kits so, unless I win them...I never use them, well, that ended up like duh! lol Handing you a tissue for your runny nose! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess! I love this card... I totally relate to the, dare I say, hoarding?! LOL. Go on, use your goods. Awesome! XOXO

Erika said...

I am a collector of fine crafting products, LOL too. Buying is definitely the fun part!
I went with your advice and started on my letters rather than Christmas cards and what fun was had!
Great card love the papers and your pumpkin.
Happy collecting sorry crafting, hugs
Erika.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Very pretty card - I like it! I started purchasing the kits this year - and of course I didn't make them so I need to get cracking even if it is too late for the Halloween ones. I don't want to become a collector! We had SNOW here in this part of WI today - I am so NOT ready for this! Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane