Monday, May 28, 2012

Kids at Play

I have another Stampin' Up card today and this one too, is all about friendship.  I had to do a card for a swap that depicted happy memories.  Since I don't have a stamp of someone watching zombie movies, I opted to go a little further back in my life to when I was a kid.
This is an artist's rendition of my happy memories, because out of the pack of kids I hung with, nary a one of us had a little red wagon.  We all coveted one though.  We did have the little red snow sled and made great use of it on the neighbor's hill, but even in those days I preferred the warmth of summer to the cold of winter.  This card represents my friends and I playing outside in Ohio, where the world was green and wasn't full of random stickers like it is in Arizona.  I like the strip of weathered wood I added because it reminds me of the old barns that dotted the neighborhood.  We never dared venture near one, so they were places of great mystery and potential.

Happy Memorial Day!

The Fine Print: Girls playing stamp by Stampin' Up, patterned papers by My Mind's Eye "Dolled Up," cardstock by Bazzill.  Patriotic kids stamp by A Muse Artstamps.

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I would have loved babysitting a child like you when I was a teenager, we could have watched zombie/sci fi movies all day and eat those fire jaw breakers, gawd, I use to love those, ate them until my upper lip sweat! Great cards, you are a doll! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

That card is very sweet -- I've seen that stamp set but have resisted. I also like your Memorial Day card. Now, if you ever think of making a zombie-type card you could put axes in their hands instead of flags..... haaaaa

We are getting smoke here both from the AZ fire and two in NM. Hope you are smoke free!

Hugs,
Kay