Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Last Gasp of Summer

Okay, it's probably not summer's last gasp for the year, but it is time to switch gears and start making fall cards. However, I had to get this last summer card out of the way first.
It is one of those sideways cards where you pull the two edges and then a flag pops up. When I first learned about them it was called a surprise pop up card. I also only had verbal directions so it was hit or miss on if my flag would pop up properly or not.
When cruising around Splitcoast the other day I ran across it called a wiper card. I checked out the directions and now I know the secret of the flag and how to get it to pop up every time.
I sent this card to my friend. Then a couple of days later I sent her the directions. She called me last night to thank me for the directions because she said she had it mostly figured out from my card but couldn't make the flag pop up reliably. Once she had the directions, it worked a champ.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Stampin' Up "Sketches" an old retired stamp that everyone just had to have and that I missed out on. Then a friend had to give away. Bless her soul! Border punch by Martha, heat punch by EK Success, flowers by Prima, designer paper from my stash. 

11 comments:

cotnob said...

This is pretty Judy, a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Fikreta said...

your card is so pretty
hugs
Fiki

Barb said...

Your card is really pretty Judy. The image reminds me of the 50s for some reason and the paper is lovely. I love the way your flag pops up. I've not seen a card like that before. Off to have a look. Barbxx

Carol L said...

I don't think I've ever seen one of these cards, but I like it a lot - especially the little pop-up feature! That image is just dreamy and I love it!

Sandy said...

So nice and summery, especially that paper. If only summer felt like this card, I wouldn't be so ready to wave it goodbye.
YOu are so good with these engineered cards. I guess I need to be more adventurous and try some of these tricky ones.

MaryH said...

Hats off to you for the fancy fold! That was so nice of you to send the cute card to your friend, then follow up with good directions. Love the quite lady taking a writing break, and the feminine floral background - perfect for her. Also like the addition of the tiny flowers and the bright of the yellow ribbon with the other pops of color. TFS & Hugs.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Princess J - this is fabulous - love your paper with the image and the fold is a wonderful one.
Blessings
Maxine

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous card!!! THat is a beautiful image! Gorgeous papers and what a fun design!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love this card. The image is the kind that is fun to do since there is no need to be overly finicky. Love the paper and the popup. Nice!

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Greta said...

I think I have that pretty paper--what a beautiful card, Judy! Just making a non-Fall card myself & then it's back to Halloween & Thanksgiving as I know they're going to sneak up on me like they do every year!

Bonnie said...

Anything with more than one fold is beyond me, but I think this is lots of fun and wish I could do things with more than one fold! I also love that image!