Saturday, November 29, 2014

Painting with Splash

I finally did it! I finally tried painting with the Splash spray that A Muse Studio sells (which is probably similar to all those other sprays on the market).  A|S consultants have been sharing their masterpieces painted with Splash for quite awhile, but no one really gave any how-to's on how to go about doing it.  I'm not really into experimenting.
I just want to know how it is done so I can get down to the business of doing it.  I know Splash it messy business and that put the kibosh on any experimentation as well.  Finally I thought what the heck and did it.  I heat embossed a feather and then water colored it with Splash.

Okay, I'll even give you my how-to's even if it isn't right; it is what I did and it seems to have worked fine.  I shook up the Splash spray to mix it, then I unscrewed and removed the top.  I dabbed the tube that leads up to the spray nozzle onto a plastic palette so it left a small puddle of Splash spray.  I then took a mister bottle and misted the puddle.  Then I sopped it up with a paint brush and painted with it.  Easy peasy and not messy.  I rinsed off the palette in the sink before switching colors.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamps--Fine Feathers, Haunted Mansion Background and Best Friends Forever; cardstock--mermaid and sugar; other products--mermaid and papaya Splash and gold washi from the metallic assosrtment.

6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

It might not have been the intended use hunny but it's a great way to use the stuff - love the colourful result and that feather is superb. Hugs xx

vic said...

Gorgeous card judy love the feather you did a great job with the sprays!

Vic x

Leslie Hanna said...

I guess with all things, if it works, it's a great idea! It's very pretty!

Carol L said...

your experiment turned out quite well! I love the coloring on that pretty feather!

Bonnie said...

Your feather looks great and I like your no mess spray technique! Love that background too!

chrissy xx said...

It's certainly turned out GOrgeous"
LOving your feather and great design..Not for me though sounds like to much standing at the sink with water! Too much water makes my hand all wrinkled!
Chrissyxx