Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Polar Vortex!!!

Oh. Wait.  I guess I meant Polar Bear!!!!  My bad.

Are you still here?  Why?  That's all I got for today.  Well, okay since you insist I suppose I could say a little something.  I probably shouldn't say it, being as I work at a school and all... but what exactly was the purpose of all that stuff they made us memorize in school?  I mean I'm in my mid-forties now and everyone should be proud that I remember to put on pants before leaving the house.  You shouldn't expect me to name the state capitols or the first 30 Presidents or how to calculate the wind speed of a coconut leaden swallow too.  I'm human--I have limits!

The Fine Print: I can however, recite all the lyrics to all the great 80's rock and roll anthems though should there ever be a need for that.  Polar bear by Taylored Expressions, designer paper by DCWV, ribbon and brad from my stash. 

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

I can STILL tell you what all the capitols of the states are - don't know why though since I never need them! Know where you're coming from on that!

Love your card though.....cute little polar bear floating through life. Love the addition of that heart too. Very nice.

Lynn

Janeen said...

Adorably cute polar bear, great title. Loving GA today, the sun came out! Flying home tomorrow of course.

MaryH said...

I am lovin' this cute bear enjoying his cup of whatever on his little ice floe. So very cute & great coloring & pretty dp also. I guess the purpose of all the memorization was to see if we could do it? I remembered some of it for a while, but couldn't tell you all the stuff now if I was put to the test. I say it's cause my brain now has lots of other stuff to handle! Hugs & TFS

Bonnie said...

LOL, I can't remember any of that stuff! I have trouble remembering my kid's birthdays! So far, I can remember to put my pants on. Hope that continues! Love this polar bear and the pretty paper behind him! Looks like he's keeping warm!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute!

Eliza said...

Where does this knowledge get us! Life skills would be better. Talking of skills, I am really loving your cards, dropped back and saw some earlier ones too and they are great.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Jules said...

Great card .. .. loving the hearts of course!

Where did that polar bear get that drink from though and what will he do with the mug when his floating island melts?!?!?

I hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Sarn said...

Hee hee . . . I can recite loadsa 80s lyrics too. We are approx the same age!

I love the: I'm human - I have limits - might have that engraved on my tombstone.

Love the polar bear called Vortex!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely a vortex swirling out of the top of his mug of hot chocolate with brandy (or is that just me?!)... And you keep the things you need - song lyrics are a much better bet - you might need to earn your living as an entertainer one day - is reciting the state capitals going to bring home the bacon? I don't think so.
Alison x

Carol L said...

Polar Vortex/Polar Bear - they're both freezin' cold to me, so I say whatever!! Cute card!