Sunday, July 15, 2012

Under the Big Top

I'm doing an A Muse Studio workshop today and one of the sets we will be using to make a card is the Under the Big Top circus set. I've used the elephant a lot, the ticket several times and the high wire lady a couple of times (turning her into a ballerina).  I went looking for some ideas to inspire me and I came across Devon's blog, Paper is My Passion. I love the bright bold colors she used in her card, and the touch of adding a baker's twine bow to the balloon tied to the elephant's tail was brilliant.  I used her card as a jumping off point to create these guys.

I used the same color scheme for all three cards and nary a piece of patterned paper in sight (I may have to go lie down now to stop the twitching).  The colors are blueberry, cherry, and papaya which sounds like an excellent snack to me.



The Fine Print: Papers, stamps "Under the Big Top" and "Ahhnouncing," scallop dies, pearls, and baker's twine by A Muse Studio.  Ticket corner punch by Stampin' Up.  Colored with Copics.

2 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

I love the birthday card - oh but anything doing with the circus coming to town is just plain fun!

I missed WOYWW and blog hopping this week. Just been feeling sickly and not having any fun. hopefully I'm on the mend (oh, but back on steroids - HATE that) so I'll get my act together.

Hugs,
Kay

Sandy said...

I had never heard of the A Muse studio stamps till I saw all of your wonderful bright cards. I love the images, do they sell in Australia?
Sandy :)