Thursday, November 10, 2016

Razzle and White

I have a friend who makes fabulous cards using dies. She prefers a neutral palette most often using cream and tan. Her cards tend to be fairly simple but there is something about them that is always just so striking. She keeps them simple because of the amount of cards she sends each month.

She was bemoaning the other day that no one ever sends her birthday cards, which given the amount of mail she sends, I found to be rather shocking.
It turns out that her card making friends are all intimidated by her cards and feel anything they sent in return could not match up. I, of course, though that sounded totally ridiculous. I figure it is easy enough to make and send her a card that stands on its own. Just don't use cream, black, tan, or brown and dies and your card will be so different there will be no comparison.

Above is my non-cream, black, tan, or brown die-less card that I sent her for her birthday. I confess that it isn't an original design but as soon as I ran across it I know it was worthy of my friend.

The Fine Print: Embossing folder and stamp set from Stampin' Up.

15 comments:

Fikreta said...

your card is wonderful!
love how you made it!
hugs

Barb said...

Your card really is very pretty Judy and I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it. I really like the idea of the twine bow on the handle of the basket. Barbxx

stampingbowd said...

This is so gorgeous! It is elegant! The design allows all the attention on the pretty basket! It's so sad that people are not sending your friend a card! I get something similar from my non-crafty friends. They will say that they aren't buying me a card because a bought card doesn't compare but I never think of that. It's just the fact that a card was given that makes us smile! Well done on your card!!!

LesleyG said...

I'm sure she loved it, as do I xxx

Janeen said...

Uts a great layout and that embossed background adds so much. I am pinning this post as i love its simplicity.

kiwimeskreations said...

what a wonderful elegant card Princess J - worthy of a place in the White House - still can't figure why they did not elect you!! ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is beautiful! Perfect, even!

How sad that your friend gets so few cards! I would be pleased by any store bought card, and definitely happy with a handmade one!

Carol L said...

This is a real beauty Judy, and I know your friend is going to love receiving it because you made it! Hand made cards are always appreciated, and beautiful cards made by others never intimidate me - they inspire me!! Yay you!

Darnell said...

Your card is certainly gorgeous and worthy as all get out, PJ! Your story made me sad. I mean, how can she be THAT intimidating that no one would send her a card?! People can be so silly. Thank you for doing that and making her feel like a million bucks! She will treasure this card always! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

You're so smart--I bet she absolutely loved it! Beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

This is definitely worthy of the most talented cardmaker out there! I'll bet your friend loves this!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Haha, great logic! And beautiful card! Love the added twine - it's just the right touch!

Unknown said...

Very nice job on that caed. I also have that stamp set and it's very versatile. I especially like the colors you chose and the twine bow.

Unknown said...

Very nice job on that caed. I also have that stamp set and it's very versatile. I especially like the colors you chose and the twine bow.

Unknown said...

Very nice job on that caed. I also have that stamp set and it's very versatile. I especially like the colors you chose and the twine bow.