Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nuts!

I joined a swap where the theme was nuts. Then I immediately panicked because I couldn't think of anything I had with nuts (ridiculous, I have plenty of stamps with acorns, peanuts and even some mixed nuts).

Then I found these acorn brads and knew I had to use one of them. After lots of trial and error I came with up combining the nut with some of these fake leaves that are the rage every fall. I kind of like how this turned out.

The Fine Print: Autumn greeting by A Muse Studio, designer paper by Club Scrap, faux leaves from Michaels and acorn brad from the Eyelet Outlet (who are all about brads these days, don't look.... now don't blame me for the hit on your pocketbook, I warned you).

The winner of the Nine Lives cat set from the Cat Lovers Hop was MandySea from Australia.

15 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous fall card, Judy! The acorn is the perfect touch! Fall is my favourite season - I love these colours! Congratulations to lucky Mandy! Enjoy your new kitty stamps!

Barb said...

It's beautiful Judy. A perfect Autumn card. Barbxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The acorn brad is adorable! I looks lovely there grounding the leaves to the card. Pretty!

Carol L said...

You and I are on the same wave length today - using a leaf and acorn! LOL What a wonderful fall card - I love the way you layered the leaves!

Sarn said...

Wonderful autumnal card. Love the acorn brad xxx

Fikreta said...

very nice and colorful card!
conrats to winner!
hugs

MaryH said...

The acorn brad looks great on this colorful leaf, and love the blaze of color against that spots background too. I'm awed that you not only remembered you had these brads, but were able to find them too! Morphed into a fabulous card as well! TFS

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, gorgeous Autumn leaves.
Pauline
x

LesleyG said...

Fab fall card, just love the leaves Brad sentiment and paper, it all goes so well, I think this is one my favorites ever xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the leaves Princess J - love them, and the acorn brad too!
Blessings
Maxine

Janeen said...

It's perfect. Great subtle background paper.

Bonnie said...

I really like the way this turned out, PJ! Love that brad!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful....so Fall!

Greta said...

The acorn brad is really cool & I love the background paper--great card!

D.Ann C said...

Love that acorn on those pretty leaves! Congrats Mandy!