Thursday, November 3, 2016

Christmas Doorway

This week at Merry Monday Bonnie wants to know how we decorate our doorway. In the past I hung up a chili pepper wreath that lit up. Since we moved I doubt it will fit on the door this year because there isn't enough clearance between the wooden door and the metal security door. That's okay because I have other places I can hang my wreath.
Sticking to the chili pepper theme I decided that this stamp would work nicely. I showed this card to my husband and asked him if he thought this card was Christmas-y. He looked at it and said, "Well, if you live here, sure." Well, guess what?! I do live here, so there you go. This is a great represenation of how my door will look this year, we've got blue skies, pale green trees, and the obligatory chili peppers.
Least you question if this is really a Christmas card or not, here is the inside of the card. I mean sometimes you just gotta rub it in that we're drinking pina coladas by the poolside for Christmas while the rest of you are shoveling snow.

The Fine Print: Santa Fe doorway stamp by Terry Medaris, Greetings from Tucson by Copperleaf Creations, and MC by Hero Arts. As the hubby put it, "Of course it's a Christmas card, duh! It's got red chili peppers on it!"

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Love it,although your husband is right that it could only be Arizona. (on the other hand, however, in all my life I believe I have been through exactly one "white Christmas", so,no pina coladas by the pool, but no snow shovels either.

Fikreta said...

I want to see your chili pepper wreath!
your card is so nice
have a great day
hugs

Di said...

Wonderful card PJ! This reminded me so much of Santa Fe - ha, then I read the small print which confirmed it! And it's a chilli ristra too - they fascinated me when we were over in NM.

By the way - no puddy tats here as you guessed - the fluff on the inkpad turned out to be a little piece of baby wipe fibre! Most likely from the stamp itself when I previously cleaned it.

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Haha, I hate snow so I would love to have this kind of weather for Christmas! Beautiful card!

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, perfect for Christmas in warm locations.
We have a string of chilli peppers hanging in our kitchen - my neighbour brought it back from France for me.
Pauline
x

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect Christmas card to send from Arizona, PJ! Love the chili peppers! I'm sure you'll find another perfect place for your chili pepper wreath! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Heather Hopson said...

Love the door! Who would have thought Chili Peppers! Great inspiration and card.

LesleyG said...

Didn't look Christmassy at all, until I read how it is over there, whereas I'll be shivering and shoveling. Great card xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

what a wonderful take on your Christmas Princess J - we too have a warm Christmas, but that is because we have it in mid-summer!!
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

Shut the front door! This is so clever and perfect for where you live! Love the chili peppers hung by the door!

Greta said...

Great card & love that anyone would know immediately it was from you--unless they also lived there. Suppose other people in Tucson might also send cards with chili peppers! Anyway--wonderful Arizona themed Christmas card, Judy!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.