Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Lookie What I Did!

You know what pocket letters are, right? In case not, they are trading card sleeves filled with homemade ATC-sized art and little bits of crafting goodies that you send to your friends.  The theory is that you received on in the mail and then promptly send one of your own to that person.

And by promptly, I mean within the next 3 years. Or at least those are the guidelines I'm going by.

I've received three of them myself and in return I started with the one the that had the furthest to travel (some 6000 miles and change). I sent it to this girl who kind of sort of like cats, so that made the subject matter easy to identify.
These ATCs made up the first row. I have whole selection of pre-printed cards from some Project Life Clone and since they were cat themed, this was the purrfect opportunity to use them. Of course, if you like cats, you know all about the Cat Butt and how it plays a prominent feature in cat ownership.
 You also understand the whole cats in boxes thing that shows up in the second row. And of course, we can't have dogs in our cat themed project, now can we?! Do you like my attempt at coloring a Siamese cat in the last ATC?
Here's the whole thing put together:
and the back: 
And  a close up of the wee tag:
The Fine Print: Cat butt stamp by Eat Cake Graphics, It's a Cat Thing by unknown, Just for You, Tabby Cat, Box Kitty, and Siamese Kitty by MFT, Orange Kitty (middle row) by Hero Arts, and Cool Cat Orange Kitty by Stampendous? (i forgot). Pawprint punch by EK Success. Fake Project Life cards by A Muse Studio. 

15 comments:

LesleyG said...

Wow that looks like a lot of work but fun idea I'm sure it'll make your friends day xxx

cotnob said...

Your pocket letter is fabulous Judy, lots of super cat details, I'm sure it will be treasured.
Pauline
x

Sarn said...

GO YOU!
Fabulous pocket letter full of PURRfect cat cards.

BK is sure to be pleased with it. xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute! I haven't gotten in to the pocket letters, BUT, now seeing your cat themed one, I think that my nieces might enjoy getting something like this with some goodies they can color up. TFS!

Carole J said...

Oh lucky Fiki getting to own this adorable pocket letter. It's a while since I made a pocket letter, but they are so much fun. Love the kitty images you chose, Judy! x

Irish Cherokee said...

Impressive PJ. Cats, especially kittens, are a lot of fun. A nice idea pocket letters. I would need three years to put something like this together, provided I remembered what it was for after three years. SMILE.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Carol L said...

This is really a cute project, and I love all those whimsical and fun cats! Great idea for ATC's!

stampingbowd said...

OH, my goodness did I ever choose the right day to come visit your blog! I LOVE this fun pocket letter! What a cute kitty items!!! Absolutely adorable!

Janeen said...

Angela loves cats too. Your friend from far away will love it.

Greta said...

What a fun exchange project & I just love the tiny tag!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous pocket letter Princess J - purrrfectly themed and executed, the pocket letter that is, not the cats!!
Blessings
Maxine

Fikreta said...

love it!
it is purrrrfect!
you did amazing job!
thank you very much for erything!
you amde my day!
lots of hugs

ionabunny said...

I keep meaning to try one of these. Love this one. The cat's butt is perfect and fun. Hugz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yay, Judy! I LOVE it! OMGoodness, I am loving every single ATC! You did an AWESOME job! And, yes, we know all about cat butts in this house. Honeydew and Brian have a running joke. He sticks it right in Brian's face at every opportunity and we laugh every single time! Love, love, love this! I know Fiki will love it too! Very impressive PL!

Bonnie said...

What a clever idea to send those ATCs, PJ! There's some really fun cat material in there. Great job on the Siamese!