Monday, April 22, 2013

Color Challenge

Sometimes I like the challenge of a.....um.... well, a challenge.  It can be fun to be given specific guidelines and then to come up with something using those guidelines.  Often it makes you think outside your box or comfort zone.  Other times it makes you pull your hair and gnash your teeth.

This was one of those times.

It is time for a new challenge at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog. This time around it is a color challenge, where you are shown a picture and you need to use the color schemes shown in the photo.  I've never done one of those before and always thought they would be fun.

And indeed they are fun, if you are in a crafting mood.  After my this and that day this past weekend, I really haven't felt like settling down into any one project.  In fact, I've continued to dabble with this and that and ignored all the "need to do" crafting projects.  I did manage to crank out this challenge card but I'm not sure I really like it.
It could be the wonky color combo that I would never have put together on my own. Most color challenges I've seen are three colors, not five, so I found it hard t get them all in there.  In fact the light pink is barely represented by the pink pearls on the insides of the flowers.  The card design itself is a CASE (Copy and Steal Everything, in case you forgot).  The original is by A Muse Studio Consultant, Angela Kelley.  Her card was in a much more normal color combo in blues and greens.

The more I look at this card the more it grows on me (like mold).  That's the color combo this time around.  I hope you jump in and join us.  I'm not just saying that for the challenge's sake, but also for my sake so I can come up with another idea using these colors for the mid-way update.

The Fine Print: Stamp sets used--Papillon, Beautiful Botanicals 2, You're So Sweet, and Extraordinary Background. Cardstock used--Melon (the orange), pebble (the light gray), and sugar (the white).  Inks used--Pebble (the background), Slate (the sponged edges), berry (the bright pink), and Buttercup (the yellow-y color).  Other products used--Copic markers, poinsettia dies, Seattle and white baker's cording, and pink pearls.

1 comment:

Queen Lightwell said...

I rather like it. Very springy. :)