Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Aspire to Inspire

Here is another card I made from the Serrento kit.  I like the greeting on it even though it alludes to the fact that one day you'll be dead.
I know people don't like to talk about death but sort of like that book....
...yeah, THAT book.  Everyone does it.
Everyone does both those things that are not discussed in polite company.

I was going to say that I didn't have any stories to share but the Everyone Poops reference dredged up an old memory.  Rather than flush it back down I thought I'd share.  Back in the day when my nephew was a sweet little toddler (instead of the shit he is now) he received the book Once Upon a Potty for Christmas.  Now, if you know me, you know given a choice I'd kayak a sewer than do Christmas with my family.  This Christmas was particularly horrendous as my older brother had developed an annoying habit of video recording every single thing even if the people involved didn't want to be video-taped.  He probably even has video of people taking a dump, in keeping with the crappy topic of this post.  After being asked nicely, cajoled, threatened, and then screamed a shit storm at, I finally dragged myself to the family opening of presents and promptly began reading Once Upon a Potty to the video camera.  And that is how I single handedly ruined Christmas more so than a turd in a punch bowl per Mr. Video Man.  Apparently the screaming, back stabbing, bickering, and belittling my family is known for never once ruined a Christmas, but shit!  Read one little children's book out loud and everything goes down the drain.

The Fine Print: Card parts 'n stuff from Club Scrap.  And might I suggest that whether or not you inspired before you expired, try not to expire on the commode.  Seriously, take it from Elvis, that's a crappy way to go.

No comments: