Sunday, May 28, 2017

Happier Day

I've shared this card all over the place today I might as well share it here as well, right? I made it for my friend's birthday. I ended up having to write in big fat Sharpie on the inside bottom (HB from Judy--very poetic words) since I didn't leave myself anywhere to write. I included the greeting on the back since I felt that was an important part of the card.



As you may have suspected these twist and pop cards are a bit thick. I put it in a smaller A2 envelope and put that in a bigger envelope. I then put 2 stamps on it. I was going to drop it in the PO drop box on the way to work but circumstances were such that I had the time to take it inside to check on postage. It would be kind of rude to send a birthday card postage due. They said due to its thickness it cost $2.67 to mail (on top of the postage already on the envelope) since it was considered a parcel. Well, now... I'm willing to bet if I had just dropped it on the drop box it would have gotten to its destination just fine on two stamps. 

The Fine Print: Everything except the card base and greeting on the back by Stampin' Up.

10 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW . . . What a terrific pop & twist card you've made here PJ. Looks fantastic & I bet the recipient loved it. At least u know she def didn't have to pay postage to get it! Xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous twist and pop card Princess J - she must be a very special friend!! Love all the detail, and the writing on the back :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Carole J said...

An amazing card, Judy - I love it! Your friend will be delighted to get this beauty. Love the back page statement!!! x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Amazing card! I also think it probably would have gone through with two stamps.

Fikreta said...

its so pretty!
hugs

Craftychris said...

Wow! This is an awesome card, I love it! I bet your friend did too and she definitely wouldn't have had to pay excess postage! xxx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Mm really makes you cross re post, what makes me even crosser is when something posted takes three weeks to get here, and that's just in Oz not overseas post. 😐
Great work Judy, also love your Monday post bag collection too.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Barb said...

Wow Judy this is fabulous. I love these cards and you've made it look so pretty. I bet your friend loved it. Barbxx

Carol L said...

This is a beautiful make, and I shudder with the postage costs :(

Bonnie said...

Sometimes it doesn't pay to stand in line at the PO! On the other hand, it would have been a shame if she hadn't got this fantastic card!