Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Delicate and Feminine

Recently my coworker (the one who told me to hang out with my hair more often, or something like that) was looking at a photo of a woman.  "Isn't she pretty?" she asked, "Wouldn't you like to look like that?"

I peered over and agreed that the lady was pretty but that no I wouldn't want to look like that. My coworker was confused by that and asked why not.
"Well," I explained, "Because she looks very feminine and delicate--and almost waifish, and I'm just not that kind of person. If I looked like her I'd have to be a whole different person."

Which does beg the question, does what you look like help determine your personality?

The Fine Print: Gosh, imagine if I looked like that delicate woman? I'd have to shriek and stand on a chair when I saw a spider. I'd probably have to drive a Pruis and gush over babies. You know I'd have to iron my clothes and they'd have to match! What a terrible life that would be!  Stamps 'n stuff by Stampin' Up. 

6 comments:

Di said...

Lovely card PJ - so pretty. I think your co-worker needs to live in the real world though perhaps?:)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

What a lovely colourful card. VERY pretty indeed.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Now, now, settle down, there's room for waifs in this world, too! And she might be confused cuz, after all, your name is Princess which does lend itself towards a certain waifishnessishness. I hope you keep your work life and personal life separate, considering you work with people who tell you to hang out with your hair. I mean who even talks like that?!

Felicity: Judy, really, you should hang out with your hair more often.

Princess: Oh, wow, great idea, Fee. Normally, I only hang out with it on Saturday nights, but I can see where leaving it on every other Wednesday night might be kinna fun, Thanks for the idea!

Beautiful card, dear!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Smart answer & gorgeous card!

kiwimeskreations said...

You are you Princess J, and don't you ever change - I love your humour, and this perty card too.
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

Beautiful feminine flowers! Don't change!