Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crafty Bargains

Ever heard that saying, "If you can't do something right; might as well do something wrong."  I swear my dad used to say that, which when you think about it sounds like terrible advice for a parent to give.  But really, it is excellent advice.  How many people do you know who sit frozen in time in a bad situation because they cannot come to a decision?  Doing something even if it turns out to be the wrong thing is better than doing nothing at all.

So I decided that even though crafting made me irritable yesterday I would get back in the saddle and do it again today.  I even told myself that I would post whatever I made, even it looked like a squirrel hooked on crack made it (but if it looked like a poodle on barbituites made it; that was another story....).
No squirrels or poodles were harmed in the making of this card.

Actually card making was easy today because I opted to play in this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  This week's challenge is called Crafty Bargains and you are to make a PB card showcasing any bargains you may have picked up in the shops during the after the holiday sales.  For me, that meant dusting off the stamp I used for the first PB challenge I ever joined. I bought this stamp, the patterned paper, and the cardstock at a local scrapbook store all at 50% off.  The sad thing of tale is that it was not an after the holidays, clear the inventory sale.   It was a going out of business sale.  Yesterday was the store's last day.  I am rather distraught over it.  I wonder if I can get bereavment leave from work?

The Fine Print: stamp by Penny Black, patterned papers by Jillibean, cardstock by Bazzill, heart brads by Recollections, scallop border punch by Fiskars.

2 comments:

Di said...

Oh dear - shame about the store closing, but why am I laughing, must be how you tell it - no bereavement leave indeed :( Squirrel on crack - this I gotta see :)) Oh, and the card turned out terrific, almost forgot to say that! Di xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for joining us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x