Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenging Card and a Challenge

Inside of card
Yesterday I mentioned that it took me all day to make one card.  It wasn't a detailed or involved card either.  I had this left over Annie's Attic stamp kit that I thought I should play with.  I quit receiving the stamping kits becuase they always wanted you to stamp other things besides cards.  Indeed, this kit came with a whole vellum wine glass shade (you then put on of those fake tealights in the wine glass), which I had no intention of making.  They did have two card suggestions included so I decided to copy the one card.  After fiddling with it all day it came out awful in person even though it looked okay in their picture.  I really liked the inside of the card though so I took the front part off and started over.  I gave up on the stamps for the front and broke out with my flowers inside.  I like how it came out but I was disappointed that the original design was such a loser.

Front of card
For some silly reason I started today thinking I should make some more cards with the kit and came up with this one, which I like but I'm not really in the mood for fall colors.  I came to my senses and decided to pack that kit away.
Anyway, I need to get off my bottom and make my A Muse Studio challenge card for this week, especially since it involves my favorite technique: heat embossing!  This week's challenge HERE was to use heat embossing on adhesive tape.  You know how I mentioned all those issues I have had in the past when heat embossing?  One issue I didn't mention was how when I would heat emboss with red line tape, the tape would wrinkle up and get squiggly on the ends even though it was supposed to be okay for heat embossing.  It was just an oversight on my part to not mention it because it was another of my issues.  And it was again today, but this time I planned ahead and made that part larger than I needed so I could cut it down.

The Fine Print: Mum cards made with Annie's Attics papers and supplies with the addition of Prima flowers and unknow brads.  Recline card made with A Muse Studio stamps, red line tape and Stampendous black embossing powder, paper and brads unknown.

1 comment:

Sandra Hoogland said...

Oh well, at least you tried! :) Some kits just aren't made for me (or you)...
Just hopping by to cheer on you for taking the challenge to UIU! Looking forward to what comes from your stash this year! :)