Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Easel Card


I made this Thanksgiving easel card recently and wanted to share it with you all.  I had to laugh after I took the picture of the front of the card because you can’t even tell it is an easel card.  Who knows what I thought I was accomplishing with that shot?! 

The shiny stuff on the patterned paper is where the images were glittered.  The paper came that way.  It was from a pack of fall Debbie Mumm paper that I have had for years.  It was my first exposure to patterned paper with glitter on it.  The paper is so wonderful that I’m afraid to use it on just any old card.  Every year I challenge myself to use some of it.  At this rate I can probably get another 4 years out of that one pack of paper. 

Glitter paper is more common now but the Debbie Mumm stuff doesn’t have that weird ozone smell the DCWV’s paper has.  I don’t know if is it because this paper never had it to start with or if it just wore off over the years.

Anyway, here is a better shot of the easel card, actually looking like an easel.
 The Fine Print: Stamps by A Muse Studio, scallop square punches by Marvy, cardstock by unknown, super cool glittered patterned paper by Debbie Mumm.

No comments: