Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Rudolph Day in August

I'm so tickled with myself that I actually am playing along with Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge, where we are to make two Christmas cards and share them before the end of the month.
I made two of these cards.  That circular piece with the embossed dots was to emulate a starry sky, but I'm not sure if that comes across or not.  The card base is shimmery silver and the angel's wings have been colored with Wink of Stella so they are nice and shimmery as well.
Here's proof that I made two of them.  Isn't that funny how sometimes you tie a bow an they are nice and straight and other times you tie one and they insist on going all wonky!

Merry Christmas one and all!  Yeah, I know it is a bit early for that stuff but it's good to get the practice in!

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio except for the greeting by Hero Arts. Stamps used--Hark and Snowy Day Background. Cardstock used--shimmer silver, petite pinstripe navy, navy and sugar. Other products-white EP and elastic silver cording.

11 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Judy

Wonderful Christmas cards, I do like your lovely night sky. A simple design with a big impact.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sue said...

Fab Christmas cards Judy huggles Sue xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Wonderful! Both cards are....almost alike. LOL. Except for the bow of course. Like them. - Jim

Kathleen said...

Two great makes, lovely image and sentiment.

Kath x

Janeen said...

oh puh-lease...i simply cannot bear to think of winter in the summer. very nice layout though.

Sally H said...

Very elegant and stylish - love the angel stamp!

Carol L said...

The window with the night sky looks peaceful and serene, and the angel looks so pretty too! Great set of cards!

scrappymo! said...

I'm with you on the bow obwervations! lol

Two great Christmas cards. The angels are pretty and the shimmery wings are perfect for them.

I thought it was a snowy night sky in your aperture, but now that you have explained it is a starry night, I see it clearly too!

Leslie Hanna said...

Those dots are TOTALLY stars! And yeah, tying bows is a crap-shoot. I do them well (one of my hidden talents) when I remember to turn the card upside down.

MaryH said...

Hey PJ, So glad you got into the Rudolph day. Some great cards, and I liked the starry sky effect in your circle aperture. The angel was so pretty against that, and the card base paper is also perfect with your design. This is adorable. WTGo. Hope all is going well at your house! TFS & Hugs

Sarn said...

Hi PJ

I'm playing catch up after returning from holiday - hence the late comment!

Two super angelic cards here and I love the starry sky background and WOS pen on the wings. Yeah . . . what is that about bows? I've watched loads of You Tube vids and still they cause me probs! You are not alone!

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn! xxx