Monday, September 12, 2016

Mundane Monday

Have you ever had one of those crafting sessions where you sit down with the express idea of making this but something distracts you and you end up making that. Then later you are left wondering just what happened?

That's what happened to me this weekend. I know just what happened though. There was this box.... and it's been there for awhile, "there" being kind of in the way, so I opened it... and it was chock full of cards bases and card toppers.

I started by putting these two cards together, pulling out some scrap pieces of matching cardstock. some paper flowers, and some brads.  After I made them I thought those were rather dull and staid and I truly didn't feel like doing the rest of the batch up like that.

So I pulled out some stamps to go with the stuff I had because there is more to life than just greetings. That, and also some of the greetings weren't that useful to me... Happy Bar Mitzvah; Over The Hill; Congratulations on Your Divorce; To My Favorite Daughter, No, Not You, The Other One.*  Then I started to have lots of fun even if I didn't get done what I planned.

*Just an example, which may or may not bear any resemblance to reality.

The Fine Print: Card bases and greeting toppers by My Mind's Eye, stamps by Stampin' Up "Pretty Kitty" and "Bella and Friends," scraps, flowers, eyelets, and brads from my stash. Did I mention this kinda in the way box held whole lot of card bases and toppers? Be prepared...

6 comments:

Carol L said...

The cards are all cute and not mundane at all with the fun images and flowers. What I really love is your wild assortment of unique and hilarious sentiments! I LOVE making cards with snarky sentiments like that! LOL

kiwimeskreations said...

Thanks for the giggle with your 'not to be used' sentiments :-). Love your two adapted cards, and the first two are fine for more somber recipients.
Blessings
Maxine

LesleyG said...

Glad you went off piste, but like them all, and can't wait to see more! I think you should design some sentiments, then we could spread your humor worldwide :) xxx

Fikreta said...

wonderful cards!
love the kitty card!
hugs
Fiki

Bonnie said...

That happens to me all the time. It's a wonder I get anything done that needs to be done! Love the little critters a lot more than the sentiments!

Greta said...

I like the striped paper & great decision to use the kitty & doggy stamps--so, so cute! Really love the little heart embellishments, too!