Tuesday, March 29, 2016

O Tannenbaum

This week at Merry Monday the theme is Christmas Carols. Perverse me could only think of such gems as "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" and "Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo" which made me think perhaps I should sit this challenge out. You know, just for your guys' sake.
But I stuck it out and came up with some caroling kitties who are not singing about feces or murderous reindeers. They are singing "O Christmas Tree" in German because they are multi-lingual kittens.

That said I am also going to link up to Scrappymo's Rudolph Days with this card because I think that's expecting too much of me to crank out two Christmas cards this week. In fact, I think I need a nap now.

The Fine Print: Caroling Kitties from Stampin' Up "Merry Crittermas." Stitched landscape die, tree die, and Marshmallow Splash spray by A Muse Studio. Ribbon from my stash. Apologies for the crap job my camera does. Meow.

16 comments:

Carol L said...

Aww, this is cute, and I must admit I've never heard of the Mr. Hanky Poo song, although gramma got runned over by that reindeer at least a gazillion and 14 times! (aack!) It's because of that song I no longer listen to Christmas radio songs! Enjoy that nappy poo :)

cotnob said...

This is a fun Christmas card Judy, such sweet carolling kitties.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Love those cute little kittens, great background too.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

This is adorable and I am breathing a sigh of relief, my friend! Although I was curious about how you would depict grandma! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

MaryH said...

It's an adorable card, and I enjoyed reading about your inspiration. Hey, I Laugh when I hear about Granma & the reindeers, and it's one of my favorite songs (is that weird or what?!) Have never heard the other song however. Your caroling kitties & their tree is a most refreshing take on the Christmas Carols theme! Love the ornaments and stitched snowbanks too! WTGo. TFS

MaryH said...

Ermm...that should have been reindeer. I'll blame the computer!

Greta said...

So glad you kept thinking about the challenge, Judy, & didn't have to use run over reindeer! This is so cute & perfect for that carol!

scrappymo! said...

Your carolling kitties are an fun and very welcome addition to the March Rudolph days Challenge.

Thanks for submitting this fun and very cute card!

Megan J said...

Hi Judy, your little kittens have lost their mittens... sorry crossed wires there, your kittens are extra cute and love that they can sing in german... a gorgeous card for a cat lover... have a great week... Megan

LesleyG said...

You must have been exhausted with all that singing......I don't think I know the first two teehee, cute kitties, and clever two....multilingual indeed xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

You had me smiling after a difficult day Princess J - thanks for that. Love your card, and so nice the kitties are singing a classic carol.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane Willis said...

Oh dear, I wish you hadn't reminded me of "Mr hanky the Christmas poo", I'll be humming it all day now :( Thank goodness you decided to make this lovely card instead! Thanks for joining in with this month's Rudolph Day
Jane
Rudolph Days DT

Barb said...

A super cute card Judy. I love your little multi lingual kittens. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Hope you enjoyed your nap!
Sweet Xmas Kitty card PJ. Nice work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Whisper said...

Aaaah so cute and adorable and thanks for joining us at March's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam GDT x

chrissy xx said...

What a FAbulous Fun scene..
LOve your little kittens.
Photo looks okay to me..I mean it was taken at night lol xx
Chrissyxx