Sunday, March 20, 2016

Flower Vase

I saw THIS card over on Maxine's blog and just knew I had to give this technique a try. Cutting out a panel to save it from embossing is much easier than a way I tried years ago which involved creating some mask out of cardboard and wasn't very effective. This is way effective and rather cool to boot.
So a big shout out to Maxine for sharing it with us. Truly if you haven't followed that link you really should to see what it looks like white on white.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Hero Arts, embossing folder by Stampin' Up, and Stitched Rectangles by L'il Inkers.

10 comments:

Fikreta said...

nice card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Carol L said...

I likey, especially that cute ribbon you tied around the embossed panel!

LesleyG said...

errr light bulb, one of those" why on earth didn't I think of that" moments ?! all that faffing making a blank bit urrrrrgh......never again! so simples, I may have to run into craft room to prove it....you have saved my sanity.....and not for the first time :) xxx

Sandy said...

It is a good idea. tfs.

Barb said...

Yes it is very pretty. Barbxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your take on this technique Princess J - and thanks for the shout out :-). Just wish I knew where I saw it to give credit where it is due.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

LOVELY Spring-like card PJ. Also . . . TOP TIP or what? regarding the embossing. Definitely have to try that xxx

MaryH said...

Great take on Maxine's inspiration card (which I had missed, so tfs the link...loved hers also. Must try this). Looks terrific with the pretty vase of flowers. Isn't it wonderful to have good bloggy crafty pals to inspire us?! TFS

Bonnie said...

This sure beats that chipboard technique where the chipboard would move and give you a wonky space! This sweet flower is so pretty framed with the embossed green!

chrissy xx said...

It's a pretty embossing folder.
LOve your colours PJ.
Chrissyxx