Monday, March 28, 2016

A Sympathetic Card

I made this sympathy card yesterday. I decided I didn't want to do a morose, dull colored card. Being sad that someone passed is gloomy enough, why not send a card that has a bit more perk to it.
I hope no one feels that I was out of line. I do sometimes march to the beat of different trombonist than the rest of us and usually it works but sometimes not.

The Fine Print: Sympathy card topper by Club Scrap, designer paper by DCWV, cardstock by SU (that generous friend again), and green twine from my stash.

10 comments:

MaryH said...

Totally agree with you on the sad colors. This is a wonderful card, sure to bring comfort, and while it's not the 'bereavement colors' so often used, it has 'caring about you' in the design layout, the sentiment, the flower and I think it is just perfect. I expect the recipient will feel quite the same way. Good job! (an on the blooming things 'round here & bubble protection, my allergies are to cats, dogs, dust, mold, cigarette smoke, burning leaves..the outside stuff doesn't seem to bother me --- yet!). TFS & have a terrific week. Hugs

Fikreta said...

very nice card

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card Princess J - I don't necessarily do 'dull' sympathy cards, I usually try for a peaceful card, but not dull!
Blessings
Maxine

Squirrel x said...

I think you have cracked it hun. Nothing worse than a ton of purple and black at that kinda time. This was made with love and your quirk, and that's what matters. Hugs xx

Sarn said...

I am in total agreement with you PJ. Sad doesn't have to mean drab does it?

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Greta said...

I agree--sympathy cards do not have to be morose & this is lovely, Judy!

Carol L said...

I admire your thoughts on sympathy cards, and it makes perfect sense to me! I love how that little tag is tied to the card!

cotnob said...

This is a pretty sympathy card, great idea to make it a little less dull.
Pauline
x

LesleyG said...

I think you are right, and love your thoughtful card xxx

chrissy xx said...

Such a pretty card.
I LOve how you've tied the corners of the sentiment.
Chrissyxx