Sunday, February 15, 2015

Vintage Romantic Butterflies

Have you ever seen Pink Paislee's London Market designer paper?  It has sort of a vintage romantic feel to it.  I found some sheets of it whilst poking around my desk and decided that since this is the season of flowers and romance I could easily use it all up.  I sat down and whipped out this card.
While making it I realized it qualified for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge which is to make a card with butterflies on it (natch) along with ribbon.  Now don't be saying you don't see the ribbon--it is right there masquerading as the butterfly's body.  I wanted something more dimensional than paper but not as dimensional as pearls so I used a small piece of ribbon.
Since that came so easily I started on another card.  Seven and half hours later I came up with this one.  I struggled with everything about it and I'm still not that happy with it.  I'm sticking a fork in it and calling it done though.  For this card the ribbon is much more obvious.

And now I don't ever want to see the rest of this paper again.  Pfft!

The Fine Print: Top Card--designer paper by Pink Paislee "London Market," Thank You greeting by Simon Says Stamps "Beautiful Words," butterfly die and pearls by A Muse Studio, vellum, doily and brads from my stash. Bottom Card--designer paper by Pink Paislee "London Market," washi tape by Tim Holtz, heart die by Spellbinders, butterfly dies by Stampin' Up, ribbon, flowers, and brads from my stash.

11 comments:

Georgiana said...

Love both...so shabby chic like.

Craftychris said...

Both are gorgeous! The paper is awesome and I love the ribbon as the butterfly body! xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Both very pretty! Gorgeous papers! I like the vintage look!

Sandy said...

Never heard of this company but the paper looks gorgeous, and both your cards are lovely.

Leslie Hanna said...

I don't do frou-frou, so to solve the 7-hr problem I just give away the paper.

Jane Willis said...

Two gorgeous cards. The paper is beautiful but I can see why it might make you struggle, it's got so much lovely design it could easily overwhelm a project, and you've worked round that beautifully.
Jane - Butterfly Challenge Guest Designer

Sally H said...

Both are so beautiful, PJ. Isn't it funny how some designs come so easily and others are such hard work? They are gorgeous papers and you have done a great job with them xxx

LesleyG said...

Sfunny how some projects go better than others, but I love 'em both xxx

chrissy xx said...

W'hat delicious papers these are PJ.. I LOve your design and I took great fun in 'spot the ribbon' on your butterfly...Perhaps if you split the hours on the second card against how long it took to make the first? It probably wasn't very long lol.
Chrissyxx
Hope to see more of these papers if you have any!
ps I;m number 9 today xx

Carol L said...

Both cards are pretty, but I have days like that too! As a matter of fact, I spent 3 hours embossing and sponging images with colors for a challenge I play along with, and after all that time spent trying to make ONE card, everything went into the trash! I'm going back to my jigsaw puzzle :) WTG using that paper - I love the vintage look of both cards!

Mrs A. said...

Now that has to be just about the best use of a titchy bit of ribbon ever. Go to the top of the class. Brilliant.!! Love the papers and so my colours. Thank you for fluttering by my 1st anniversary challenge. hugs Mrs A.