Friday, December 4, 2015

Solitary Snowflake

This is one of the cards I made recently while puttering around with things. That snowflake is made from chipboard and was the usual chipboard color so I dug around until I found my small stash of acrylic paints to paint it white. I thought about sprinkling loose glitter on it while it was wet but decided that sounded too messy. And there you have it!
The Fine Print: Chipboard snowflake by Queen & Co, designer paper by Basic Gray, bling and ribbon from my stash.

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Nicely done!

Fikreta said...

great card

MaryH said...

Gorgeous snowflake, and the white acrylic gleams just fine without the glitter (I like your style of skip the mess!). Love the square on square motif you've got behind the snowflake, and like the dp with this bold & dimensional focal point. The white snowflake on the red, and then with the very pale blue looks very pretty together too, along with the ribbon trimming. TFS & Have a great weekend.

jimlynn said...

Love, love, LOVE!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! That chipboard snowflake looks fabulous on the red snowflake dsp! BEE-U-tiful!

Janeen said...

It's pretty just the way it is. My brain was thinking judy? Glitter?

Janeen said...

It's pretty just the way it is. My brain was thinking judy? Glitter?

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the chipboard snowflake, it doesn't need glitter - it's fab as it is! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Who needs glitter when you can have nice glossy white?! Plus glitter... I mean, seriously... of all the messes, it's the most messy! And it never goes away...

Love the white on mint snowflake paper in the background too - great card.
Alison xx