Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's All Good

I get together with this group of paper crafters who are a lot of fun to play with. In December instead of playing we go out to eat, distribute Christmas cards and little gift bags to each other. I always try to make an extra special card for them; something that is different from the norm.
This year after getting all excited about that experimental card I tried out I decided to use it for my design. This is the card I came up with, except that I switched up the designer paper on all of them. Here they are.



They turned out to be more time consuming than I had originally guessed (are you surprised?) but they were fun to make. However, I do want to caution you that these are a bit rough on your dies.
You can see here how it is now warped and no longer flat. It cuts just fine and I'm sure it will straighten out again after being used normally for a few turns. I know that kind of thing can get some folks' undies in a wad, but really it's all good.

The Fine Print: Stamps by Stampin' Up "Polar Party," dies by Spellbinders, designer paper from my stash (mostly DCWV). Party on!

11 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, mass-produced complicated cards. Color me impressed. :) Great way to use all that patterned paper, too.

Sandy said...

I see you spent a chunk of time on my blog today -- thanks, that's always nice of you.
I have no idea why the "prove you're not a robot" is there; you are the first to mention it, and I don't know how to get rid of it.
I'm totally impressed you made 12 of these cards. I think I saw the directions at SCS but I'm not even sure how they fold.

AJ Bodine said...

Haha, it ALWAYS turns out to be more time consuming than you planned, but so worth it. Your cards here for your crafting buddies are vibrant and festive, I bet they loved them!

Fikreta said...

great cards
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Carol L said...

What a great collection of cards with those whimsical little trees! I just love the fold you do on this design, and I'm sure your friends did too!

LesleyG said...

Bet your friends loved these, you sure worked that die hard! Xxx

Squirrel x said...

Loving these hunny, so colourful and just so darned Christmassy! Were you cutting real trees to get the die that shape, or is that some special kind of really tough paper? I don't think even my most used dies have ever done that, I'm impressed! Hugs xx

Sarn said...

OH! Your poor little die! Looks like it needs a lie down. Like me! And it's only 9.10am over here!

FAB cards though PJ and bound to be appreciated.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Words and Pictures said...

I love those little trees - adorable - and the folded design is so cool. Sorry to see the die's gone doolally... maybe a short time on a nice hot plate (the equivalent of a holiday on the beach) to relax it?!
Alison xx

Shoshi said...

What a marvellous set of cards, Judy - all similar but each one different, and certainly not the normal sort of cards. I am sure all the recipients will be delighted with them.

Thank you so much for your visit, and for your understanding. You have hit the nail on the head regarding where I am at the moment! I am not rushing things. Part of the problem is that I am utterly exhausted at the moment which is probably a reaction to everything that I've been through this year, and I'm still dealing with the after-effects of the chemo. I will get there in the end, I know - and my creative mojo will return eventually because making art is part of who I am so it can't possibly be absent forever!!

It was sweet of you to visit and find out how I am! I really appreciate it.

Hugs to you and your gorgeous kitties.
Shoshi x

Bonnie said...

LOL, I've quit getting my undies in a wad over warped dies! You should see some of mine! Love the cards and I know your crafty friends did too!