Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Gone Scannin': A Workplace Tale but no Desk

Oh Pshaw! I forgot that today was Workdesk Wednesday. Don't laugh, I really do say "Oh Pshaw!" from time to time because it makes people laugh.... oh, and here I just went and told you not to laugh. Well, laugh all you want; it is good for you.
So no workdesk today---and no camera so I can't even show you the workdesk where I earn my paycheck at which today is actually just an MFP because I have this huge scanning project that has to be done by July 1.  Yeah, that date is in the past, but in my defense my boss didn't tell me about it until the day before I left for my vacation (and I wasn't back until this week).
What I do have for you (besides my silly tale of workplace woe) are some more of the cards I made from old ATCs. These ones all seem to have a nautical bent. This was when I was trying to make up some masculine cards for my friend.
I guess it is back to the scanner for me.  If you want to read a story with a real life lesson in it, check out Dio's Storie from yesterday.  I miss my workdesk pals but hopefully I'll remember it is Wednesday on Wednesday next week.

The Fine Print: And since you are going to ask how my vacation was I was sick the first few days because of course that is how you want to spend your vay-kay and then I had an out of town family obligation.  Despite all that it wasn't bad. I'm glad to be home even if it does mean standing and scanning all day.

20 comments:

J said...

Love your cards, I had a boss like that, everything last minute, I hate hat, I liked to be organised at work.
Have a good evening
Jan. no 31

Barb said...

Good luck with the scanning. Your seaside cards look good. see you next week then. Have a good week. Barb#16 xx

jimlynn said...

These are wonderful! LOVE the nautical look.
Lynn

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The Fish Farts made me laugh...I have SUCH an infantile sense of humour, lol!! Sorry to hear you were sick on vacation though...why does that always happen? Is it because we relax and the bugs go Woohoo and leap on us?? Hope you're better now :-)
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Kelly said...

Fish Farts cracked me up! And i love the background on that one. Keep muddlin' through the scanning project. Be done before you know it! Creative Blessings! Kelly #41

Unknown said...

I love the "Fish Farts"! Never seen a stamp like that before! What a hoot! Great cards! And I hope you get your scanning done quickly. Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #38

Georgiana said...

Well, I am glad you shared these fishy cards! They look awesome!

Carol L said...

Great underwater-themed cards, and I especially like the 2nd one with the "fish farts" sentiment! LOL I never heard that one before, but it's funny :) Wb from vacation and back into Real Life ;)

Fikreta said...

great cards

April said...

I love fish! Great cards. :-) I hope you get your scanning done quickly.
April #50

AJ Bodine said...

I'm laughing more at the Fish Farts, what a great stamp that is! Loving your nautical themed cards!!

Create With Joy said...

Cute cards! have a great week Judy!

Create With Joy #52
http://create-with-joy.com

Shoshi said...

Love your fishy cards, Judy! And lol - thank you for giving me the best laugh of the morning - always blame everything on CATS!!! How very, very true. But then they just look at you with that injured-innocence look... "Moi?" I'm afraid our 2 kitties are banned from my studio. Phoebe behaves quite well in there but Beatrice enjoys pulling everything out and getting in behind everything and generally making a huge nuisance of herself - she's the nosiest cat I've ever known! And yes, she would make short work of the Funny Stuff lol!! Since we moved house I think our 2 have got even naughtier, if that's possible. And they are quite old, too!

I'm looking forward to the elusive burst of energy, however short-lived it may be! I am very pleased at least, to have so many ideas racing around in my head even if they remain purely in the realms of the theoretical, because there's a huge feel-good factor associated with creative ideas, isn't there! I'll get there in the end, despite the cats.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #42

sandra de said...

Using those ATC for cards is a very clever idea and the FF card is the best. Have a great week as you get back to scanning.
sandra de @32

Irish Cherokee said...

ARGH!!!! Scanning! Lots of that to do to archive the bills every week. It does save on paper buildup I guess.

Love the cards. Nautical is my thing having been in the Navy. Don't think I have ever seen a fish fart though. Chuckle. I suppose they would float upside down in the sea if they couldn't. Smile. Fun post P.J.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Lisca said...

Hi Judy, I love your cards made with ATCs. Good idea (if you have spares lying about) I love the fishy fart!
I also looked at Dio's story and had to read it out loud and then laugh out loud. (Being in the middle of a building project, building a house of brix the legal way. And I have neighbours who do it the lazy way..... Yes, you've got it... they come to us in the end when things go wrong)
Have a good week and thanks for popping by the other day. (sorry I'm late)'
Lisca#26

LesleyG said...

Fish farts! Omg that's so funny! Love your nautical projects xxx

Sharon Madson said...

I have wondered about making cards with ATCs or putting them on scrapbook pages. Your cards are great. Thanks for sharing. Love your stories, too. :) #49

Craftychris said...

All these are fab but 'fish farts' now that's awesome - a definite 'laugh out loud' moment - thank you! xxx

Bonnie said...

Great beachy cards, PJ! Wish I was at the beach. No, wait, I don't like sharks. Think I'll stay home today!