Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cranes

Here's another oriental themed card I made the other weekend when I was trying to make oriental cards.  I think I discovered the secret to making them--get good stamps!
This one belonged to my friend and she let me use it so I stamped up quite a number of them to use.  This stamp, and some of the others I stamped up from her, will make creating oriental cards a snap.  The bling on this card didn't photograph well but they are metallic purple.  They are kind of fun.

The Fine Print: I suspect that having oriental looking designer paper may be another secret to card making. You should see some of the wonderful stuff I have lined up to use.  Crane stamp by Stampin' Up, metallic bling by Candi, designer paper from my stash.

17 comments:

Di said...

Yes, this really is fabulous Judy! LOVE the image and also the backing paper - so soft and gentle. The bitty pieces of bling are a great final addition.

Am so with you about stamp quality - SU always ticks the boxes (and empties my pocket money tin!).

Hugs, Di xx

Squirrel x said...

Ooh, this is yum hun, all serene and calm and zen. xx

Irene said...

Fabulous Judy, the soft gentle backing paper is gorgeous , and I love your crane image. I agree with Di, SU stamps are brilliant.
luv
irene
xxxx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful background, image, and CARD!! So pretty.
Lynn

Sue said...

Oh this is gorgeous Judy! lovely image huggles Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely stamp and the paper looks perfect with it... Squirrel's quite right, serene is the word :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Patricia said...

Everything is just beautiful, I love it

Patricia

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful image and how nice that you have a friend that shares! Having the right paper is also a good thing. It's so pretty!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. It reminds me of those Chinese banner paintings. Love your Asian inspired background, too.

Carol L said...

I'm watching and learning, because I've never made an oriental card! This one is so pretty!!!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Judy, I love your image and oriental theme.
Pauline
x

Cherie said...

That must be my issue with making oriental cards...I don't have any oriental stamps. Seems logical to me. I like the soft, peaceful look of this card.

Katie Melhus said...

This is awesome! That image is gorgeous and just perfect for your themed card :) Nailed it!

MaryH said...

Most awesome & serene PJ. This one looks like it should be on fine silk and framed..hanging in some prestigious museum. Well done! TFS & Hugs

Greta said...

What a beauty! Check my post here http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html to see I nominated you for a Liebster award.

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely elegant card - the panel works beautifully to showcase the herons/storks - whatever... the birds!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, cranes, I see... can you tell I've been blog-visiting for a while now? My brain's gone into meltdown!
Ax