Sunday, June 10, 2012

In Distress

I make many cards where after I have them completely assembled and happily glued down I realize that I should have distressed the edges or some other part on the card.  This time I remembered before I glued all the parts together.  However, I think I got a little too distress happy on this card.  When it comes to distressing--just a dab will do ya!


The Fine Print: Papers by Basic Grey "What's Up," stamp by A Muse Artstamps, punches by Marvy, scallop border by Fiskars (scissors), small but crazily thick buttons by Pebbles.  Extremely distressed edges courtesy of Tim Holtz (well, the ink, can't really blame him for the heavy hand) "Vintage Photo."

5 comments:

Bernie said...

Hi Judy I think this fabulous!
I forget to distress all the time. I have tucked a thin piece of paper under the bit I want to distress with some sucess. Just need to make sure you can fit the paper around ALL the edges you want to distress before you start or you may end up only distressing one or two sides.
Hugs

Georgiana said...

Oooh, I really like this crad. The colors are fabulous!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I'm always doing that as well. The other thing I forget to do is put the ribbon round the card (neater edge) before sticking it down. Done that so many times you really would think I would have learnt by now. But the card is lovely anyway!!

Cindy

Sarn said...

Hi PJ . . . WOW - I really love this card. It's cool! x

scrappymo! said...

Great job on the distressing... I think it is just the right amount!!!
Great card.