Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Remember my last post, back in the dusty era of the iPhone 5? Yeah, I mentioned that I made some cards for World Card Making Day. So I thought I'd share those cards from WCMD, because you know, why not?

I started by making one of those movement cards from Stampin' Up that look cool yet complicated. It turns out that they aren't too complicated, you just need to have some decent eyesight to line the parts up with (which basically means they are impossible for me to make).

I've heard rumors that someone has a tutorial on how to make other stamps and imagines move. Now that sounds complicated.

Next I made another highly engineered card--this cool Halloween slider card. It too went together easily enough (you know with lots of directions, guidance and hand-holding). I thought it was really cool. I spent my entire drive home wondering if I could ever make another one and the answer is no, because magic. Magic is how this card came together. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The Fine Print: Probably pretty much it is all Stampin' Up products. 

10 comments:

Carol L said...

You did good on both cards, and you've accomplished way more than me! I've never even tried making a movement card, so I bow to your efforts! Love the googlie-eyed owl!

stampingbowd said...

Oh, yeah, I get you! Moving parts? Lined up precisely? Umm...not my happy place. Both of your cards are super cool and look terrific!! Your MAGIC is like my cooking. I cook a recipe with many steps once, just once no matter how divine it is, it's never worth all the steps! :) Hugs!

Fikreta said...

wowo love those cards!
they are gorgeous!
lots of hugs

Sarn said...

Wondered where you'd got to!

Magic moving cards . . . no wonder you had to go have a lie down and a snooze after such marvellous (but hard) work.

Fab results though mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

They're two very impressive looking cards. I lovely your googly eyed owl. Great work Judy.

Four of us got together last Friday morning to have a play with the SU set. I went home with two stamped humming birds and bits of card. After an afternoons work I got them finished but the birds don't look very fluttery! Think I should have used bolder colours. Barbxx

Carole J said...

Very cool, kinetic cards. I especially like the owl one x

Bonnie said...

To get a card together straight is magic in my world, PJ. I really admire people who can make cards that have movement! Both of these amaze and astound me!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Princess J - I especially like the second one!!
Blessings
Maxine

Words and Pictures said...

Love those butterfly cards, and the owl slider is very sweet - the gentler side of Halloween.
Alison x

Craftychris said...

Two super cards with moving parts - so clever! I have never dared try! I would definitely need magic to manage one! xxx