Thursday, November 28, 2013

Merry Stripmas

This past weekend it was my turn to teach a make and take for my big stamp club.  Luckily I had already been told what to teach so that made it easy.  Back in March I had done a banner card class that was inspired by this post by Crooked Stamper.

At the time of the class I pointed out how these cards were a great way to use up the extra strips of paper you have lying around and that they were quick and easy.  As a throw away comment I mentioned how they would be great last minute Christmas cards.  That's when I was told I would do this as a make and take in November.

We average about 45 people a meeting and that's a lot to prep for.  How many card bases do you need?  How much twine?  How many strips of paper?  How many different greeting options should you provide?  The card has three strips per card and you want them to be different so you have to plan for that.  You have to plan for people making mistakes as well. 
I much prefer to err on the side of having too many extras than not enough, especially on a project that has different options like this.  Since we had a lower turn out for this meeting I encouraged people to make two cards each or take extra strips home for other projects.  I still ended up with a lot of leftover strips.  They are all Christmas or winter themed so I guess I'd better come up with something to do with them!
The Fine Print: So I suspect that everyone will end up getting one of this quick and easy banner cards this year for the holidays.  That's awesome because that means I can go back to procrastinating about Christmas cards for another couple of weeks.  The pile of left over strips are mostly from this year's DCWV Christmas stack.

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog...I can see that the sketch I used from Simon Says Sketch would work so well for these.
Also if you search pinterest with the word banner card or fishtail banner, you would probably find more ideas!

Sarn said...

Mmmm, loving the look of this banner card.

Hugs
Sarn xxx