Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Just a Minute!

There are so many variations of the saying, "Just a minute."  We have these: just a sec, just a second, just couple seconds, I'll be right there, I'll be right up, I'll be right by, in a jiffy, wait a minute, wadaminnit, in a moment, just a moment, uno momento, one moment, one moment please....

What they all mean though is that you will be with me when you are darn good and ready and not before.  I have leaned that none of those time frames involve an actual 60-second long minute.

What I'm really learning where I work is that all these variations of "just a minute" mean that it could be later today or later this week.  They rarely mean anytime in the immediate future and certainly not within the hour.

So you might as well sit back, relax, and watch the smoke pour out of your $30,000 MFP.

The Fine Print: There really isn't any smoke coming out of the MFP. There might be some coming out of my ears, but it is pointless really.  I might as accept that I can't do my job until that elusive minute is up.  Hmmm... might as well update my blog.  Faux brads and stamps by Stampin' Up "Pretty Petites" and "Flower Shop," designer paper and matching tiny bag (and the tag inside it) by Fancy Pants "Park Bench," fibers from my stash, and swirly die cut from Memory Box.

3 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I'll comment in a minute .....

Squirrel x said...

What a gorgeous bright card hunny, love the colours, it feels so joyful. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is gorgeous! I love the colours, Your desk look cool too xx